Monday, May 10, 2010

My First 5K!!

I did my first 5K for Race for the Cure last Saturday... I loved it!!! I did it for a special Mother's Day gift for my mom... I hope that she loved it.... I know she was watching from Heaven. We ate breakfast first. Thanks Patti and Tyma for your support!!! Patti (middle) is a breast cancer survivor herself. Way To Go Patti! My goal was to finish... not try to be first or even in the middle... just to finish... And I Did It!!!!!
This is my friend Lynne and I before the race. I was still cold - hence the jacket.
Tyma and I.

Patti and I

Our director Amie was there to support us as well. It was an experience that I will never forget. I am so excited that I got to have that experience. I had my mom's picture with me and when I crossed the finish line, it was very emotional for me. I loved every second of it. To think that I've never done this before... it was qute an accomplishment for me. It was a wonderful way to honor my mom and I hope that she was proud of me finishing! Happy Mother's Day Mom... I love and miss you!!





1 comment:

Deb-t said...

Way to go, Colleen! That is quite a feat to undertake and you have every right to be proud of yourself. And I'm certain your mom was there with you in spirit at the finish line as well.

Music