Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

This is a day that we honor those that we love who served and who gave their all for our freedom. It is a day that is special to my heart as there are so many in my family who have served. Gary's Dad served in the Navy in WWII and we miss him so much. We honor is memory and can't wait to see him again!

After decoarting the graves, we went for a spur of the moment picnic in the canyons. Here I am with my best friend, my companion, my sweetheart, my soulmate Gary. We make a pretty cute couple still after 32 years, huh?

And speaking of pretty cute... here is my daughter and I ... I love her and I think that she is just about the most beautiful young lady that I have ever seen!

Here is Justin ( under protest ) smiling for me so that I can take his picture. Thanks Justin for humoring your mom... I loved it!

And last of all... my hottie movie star daughter... She's darling!

Thanks for the wonderful day! I loved every second and this will be time well spent in my memory bank. I can't wait to make more wonderful memories... I was missing Josh and Jared. Maybe next time we will all be together!

2 comments:

Deb-t said...

I love spur of the moment picnics! They make life fun and playful. I'm glad you got to go, your family looks great!

Steph said...

Ahhhh. Maybe we can make it up there next Memorial Day. I would love for the boys to visit Grandpa's grave.

Music