Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tastes Like Pepperoni???


So we just got this email from Jared today. I was so worried about him yesterday since I knew that he had Mondays for his P day. I felt good though, and after we prayed, I knew he was okay. And then this nice surprise this morning. You have to know Jared. He is a very picky eater and he will never try new things. So this experience is so new for him. Keep reading and you will get the title of this post.... Tastes like pepperoni?

Dear Family,
So things here in Switzerland are way different. I am definately gaining a testimony of America. I was just thinking about how lucky we are that we have a car, and that we live in a house. Most everybody here lives in apartments. No banks will give loans to people, and lots of people are out of work here. Still, I hear that it is better than France.

Ok, lets see what has happened.....
We had our first zone conference in Yverdon (E-ver-done) and that was pretty fun. Oh, I think you and Dad will be happy to know that I have been trying lots of new food. I actually had cow tongue yesterday. I took pictures to prove it too. It actually tastes like pepperoni, only a little bit more tender. Swiss cheese like they have at home doesn't exist here. The basic staple cheese here is called Gruyere (Gwee-Air) It is some type of cow cheese. Not bad. A little bit strong at first, but it gets better after a while.

Oh, normally Mondays are my preparation days, but there will be sometimes when the email place wont be open. Like this week. They actually do Easter pretty big here. People get the Friday before and the Monday after off of work. So everything was closed.

Elder Spence and I went to this monstrous cathedral down the street from our appartment. It was pretty cool. I took a ton of pictures. I think that I have something like over 200 pictures on my camera right now. I will send it home pretty soon.

If you want to give other people my email, you can. But I only get an hour a week, so if I get a ton of emails, it will take a little while to write back to all of them.

Ok, I will keep you posted. Tell everybody hi for me.
Love,

Jared

So he sounds wonderful and he is growing by leaps and bounds. I can't wait to see the photos that he sends back. I will definitely share when I get them.
Until next post my friends....
Take Care!
Colleen

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Blog background is updated.. Let me know if you want it changed to something else?!?!

Deb-t said...

COW TONGUE????? Ew, I'm totally gagging. But what a HUGE milestone for picky Jared! It sounds like he's growing so much, spiritually, and physically. You don't usually know and appreciate all you have until you leave it all behind. Go, Jared go!

Music