Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Annual Girls Camp "Do"

So, it's that time again! Girls camp for Jenna!!!!! She so looks forward to this experience and so do I as she grows so much each year. This is her 4th year and her last year to certify, and then next year, she will be able to be a Junior Leader. She leaves today and is very excited. However, there is one part of girls camp that we both dread with a passion. I thought that we were safe when she said that she just wanted me to French braid her hair... Yes! I thought.... Well, sadly I was mistaken. All of the other girls have now followed her lead and have decided to braid their hair. Doesn't sound so bad, right? Well, after 3 hours we were done!!!! First photo after one hour.First hour progress... 21 braids down. Notice the Teddy Grahams... as she needed a snack to sit there that long!

Hour 2 progress. 37 braids, and now we have moved on the Gator Aide to add to the Teddy Grahams!


And finally, the finished product. 63 braids in all! We are done after 3 hours of braiding! It's so easy for her to have her hair like this for camp . Too bad she has started a tradition that all of the other girls have followed, but I have to admit that she does look cute in them! Have a safe girls camp Jenna. I will miss my girl a ton! I love you soooo much!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

I remember those days :) Hope she has fun

Steph said...

You are a good mom to spend 3 whole hours! Lucky Jenna! It is times like this you will miss the most when she leaves to take on the world solo! I always had short hair so I never got to do the braid thing! Too cute!

The Ekins said...

Your a great mom! I would have given up after 5 min! I wish I were going with her to girls camp we always had so much fun!!!

Jenna said...

It was fun Mom! Thanks for doing my hair!

Music