Monday, October 19, 2009

Jared's last letter

Hi everyone! We haven't had a letter from Jared in over 2 weeks and I was beginning to get a little worried!! You know that I would have so called the mission home for sure! But, alas, he redeemed himself with a nice long letter in my inbox this morning. It was his 20th birthday on Saturday and so we sent him a 'party in a box' and he had a good celebration anyway! Read on friends:

Dear Family
What is this??? You said that I haven't written in two weeks? I have written every week! Did you change your work email or were there some other problems with the computer?

Thank you for the package. I had Elder Williams take some pictures of me opening my presents. We made the cake, and I had him video me blowing out the candles. It was pretty fun. I bought myself a couple of gorgeous ties the other day. They are really shiny.

This week has been good. There were a few weird things that kind of happened to our ami's. Jackie, the Brazilian wife of our less active, had a huge fight with her husband and she was thinking about divorce. We went over there and prayed with them and kind of helped to calm her down. She is much more calm now, so we will see what happens. We are going to help them move into their new appartment on Wednesday.

I cant believe that you haven't got my package yet!!!! I sent that clear back at the end of September. I hope it gets there soon. If not, I suppose I can just do it again.

We found out that starting on November 4th, our preparation days will be on Wednesday. I really like that, because there will be alot more things to do on Wednesdays. More museums and businesses are open. Except for transfer weeks, they will be on Tuesday.

How is everybody doing? I hear the weather is good.

It has been getting alot cooler here. For a while, it was pretty cold and we didn't have heating in our appartment!! But they turned it on on my birthday! What a sweet present huh?!!

Transfers are next week. I will let you know what happens.

We went over to a members house for lunch on Sunday, the day after my birthday. I was a little worried that they were going to start singing to me. It was fine, until they brought out the dessert. They had made tons of brownies and had trick candles and such. After the second time of trying to blow them out, I thought ''Well, this is lame''! But it was fun anyway.

Dont worry, I am fine!
I love and miss you all!!

Love
Jared
P.S. Tell Chris Happy Birthday for me.


So there you have it folks! My son turned 20 out in the mission field and is having the time of his life. I can't wait to talk to him on Christmas. That will be my best gift ever!!!
Until next post my friends....
Colleen

1 comment:

Steph said...

What a great letter and such a fun idea. . .birthday in a box! Please tell Jared that my boys pray for him EVERY SINGLE night! And, does he realize what a great example and inspiration he is to our family??? I really need to tell him this myself. I am so horrible at correspondence:(

Music