Monday, October 13, 2008

Jordan River Temple is the place !


So, Jared has an appointment to get his endowments this Saturday, Oct 18th for the 10:20 session. He is so dang excited and we can't wait for that day. We were shopping this weekend for some of his clothing and when he was trying on one of his suits in the mirror, I glanced over and started to cry. Yes... I know that you can't believe that, but it happened. He looked so handsome and so grown up in all of his missionary apparel. It was a nice day that we got to spend together. He got a temporary calling in church, and he's going to be a ward missionary. How appropriate, huh? His companion ( is that what they call them?? ) is a returned missionary who just got home a couple of months ago. I thought that that was cool so that he could get some practice time in. He is also reading the French Book of Mormon ( thank you Lindsay for the suggestion! ) and preparing everyday. We wanted to post this so that if we missed anyone with an invitation, please come and share this special day with us.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Dang it! We will be up there this weekend but we have an appointment at the LDS services building in SLC at 11:30. There's no way to be in two places at once is there? We are meeting with a birth mother. How exciting and nerve racking is that?! We'll keep you posted.

Ashlee said...

YEAH! That's so exciting....

Deb-t said...

I'm so happy for Jared!!! What an exciting day this Saturday will be for him. He will remember it forever. I will be sad to miss his Endowment session. I will be there in spirit, I promise.
Colleen, you have done such a great job with Jared. You have much to boast about! Or should I say....you've been greatly blessed!

Becky said...

How did it go? After my brother went, who just left the MTC yesterday(!!!) I asked him how it went. He said it was definitely enlightening. How exciting for your whole family. This is such a special time. Your family is going to be so blessed while he is gone.
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog.

Music