Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When The Saints Meet, The Angels Weep

So much for getting our pictures taken. It rained all day Saturday, and Sunday, the boys were sleeping as they had to go to work graveyards. So, we shall try again. Gary's mom, my sweet little mother in law, used to always say, "When The Saints Meet, The Angels Weep! " I guess that I should have taken her advice and not planned it for that day. Oh well...
Update on Jared's mission prep
We've been buying his clothes and necessities. He's gotten all of his shots... ( OUCH ! ) and his passport and visa applications are done and in process. He has been to the Stake President's office twice to get his recommend signed but hasn't been able to make that happen yet. Hopefully this Thursday, it will. He's very excited to attend the temple for the first time. We will post his date and time for the session so if you would like to attend, you may. His birthday is on the 17th and I thought that it would be fun to go the next day, but the temple won't assign a spot until his recommend has been signed. So we will keep this updated and let you all know. I can't believe that October is all ready here. Christmas will be here before we know it. And then, January 28th is right around the corner. Someone give me another tissue !

1 comment:

Deb-t said...

Sniffle, sniffle! I'm very sad for you...not because Jared is LEAVING- because that, my friend is wonderful news in a sad 'missing him' sort of way.
But I'm sad for the fact that you didn't get your family pictures taken. The weather this weekend was HORRIBLE! I had to sit out in it at Jaden's football game. I'm surprised I'm not sick from it! What are your alternative ideas and when? The weather is looking bad!

Music