Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Three Weeks and Counting ~


So, Jared's Mission papers have been in for 3 weeks and we are all so excited that we can't stand it. As each Wednesday approaches, I'm on pins and needles until the mail has been checked. He is so excited to go on his mission and we are so proud of him. He will be such a good missionary. He received his Duty to God award this month and he worked so hard on it. The program was started after he was all ready in Young Men's and he went back and did all of the requirements that he needed to do for not only the Teacher but also the Deacon as well. He is such an awesome young man and he will be an amazing missionary. He has such a strong testimony of the Gospel and can't wait to share the Good News with everyone that he meets. It's harder than I thought it would be to see him prepare to go. I just usually go in my room and cry !!! But this will be such a great experience for him and many people will benefit from his service. I'll keep this updated when we get his call.

5 comments:

Deb-t said...

Well hey there, Colleen! Beautiful blog! Isn't it all so much fun?
Jared will be wonderful in the mission field. I'm anxious to hear where he's called to. Keep us posted!
Love ya,
Debbie

Stephanie said...

Hey Colleen! I didnt know that you had a blog. That is so cool. I added you!

Simkins said...

Yaayyy Colleen I'm so glad you made a blog!! It was so good to hear from you and it looks like everything is going well! We are having another boy and we are going to name him Eli, he will be here in about 10 weeks!! It will be so fun to be able to keep in touch!! Tell everyone Hi!
Marci

Kylee said...

Hi Colleen and family,
I am Kristin's daughter Kylee. You guys maybe don't remember me. I love you guys so much! I have a blog too, it is kyleeannjones.blogspot.com See you soon!

Steph said...

This is sooooo great! What a stud! He is going to have the best time. I wish I could have taken two years of my life out and just spent the time sharing the gospel and gaining a strong testimony. I have several girlfriends who went on missions and they are ROCK solid, awesome women! I am so excited to hear about this and to have another reason to go to Tooele, to the farewell!

Music