Thursday, September 25, 2008

Drum Roll Please


So, ladies and gentlemen, after much ado, we finally have Jared's mission call. When it came in the mail, my heart was beating so hard. We gathered as a family and he ripped it open. Many tears later, the words sunk into my head and my heart..... Geneva Switzerland. He's going to Switzerland to serve a French speaking mission ! I can't believe it. His dream has been realized. His mission is huge !!! It emcompasses Switzerland, France, Belgium, and Luxembourge. He will report to the MTC on January 28th to begin. He has taken 4 years of French and I'm sure that that had a little bit to do with the fact that he was called over there. I told Gary that we have to start saving now, as I WILL be going to pick him up. I'm so proud of him. I don't think that his feet have touched the ground yet. They probably won't for awhile. I was so praying for him to stay in the states, but he has always wanted to go foreign. I guess if he has to go overseas, this isn't a bad place to be at all.

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Wahoo! How exciting! I'm so happy for Jared! What a great experience to have! Now you have to watch The Best Two Years...James says it's pretty accurate on what missions are like! So excited for you and your family! Love ya!
Jaime

Ashlee said...

WAHOOOOOO.. I got your email this morning and new you would have the news on your blog! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Congrats to him, and how nice he gets to be here for the holidays :)

The Walch Family said...

FYI-
I added Jared to your blog list.. and put a 'blog list' on Jared's. I am also about to add Jared to Jenna's list.. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot.. After that posted I just realized I'm signed is as you, and not me!!! Sorry about that!
Ashlee :)

Steph said...

Ummmm, I want to go too!

Deb-t said...

This is the BEST news, Colleen! The Lord needs his most valiant servants in these last days and how wonderful for Jared to go to such a beautiful place. And large! His areas covers so much! You shouldn't worry about a thing. Jared will do great and it will go fast and he's doing the Lords work. You must be so pleased with his life. Love you guys!

lisa said...

Congrats! Jared and the rest of the family. Colleen I know this is the long awaited day for you, but think of the blessings your family will receive. And, yes you'd better start saving your money because you have to go there to pick him up if I have to take up a fund for you! It's beautiful there. Switzerland is so, so beautiful-well all of the places in his mission are pretty! Take care-Lisa (hey by the way stamps are here:))

Kylee said...

Way to go Jared. I hope he will have fun! I love you guys very much. I hope we can come and see you and everyone. See you soon.

Kirk said...

can I come?

Becky said...

That's wonderful. The waiting for that envelope becomes painful after awhile. I am so excited for him, that will be a beautiful mission.

Music